The main change that i made to
ofpwgen was to get it
to handle unusual characters (like ø) correctly. i also made
several minor cosmetic changes and cleanup, enabling it to compile
with no warnings under
gcc -Wall --pedantic. I have no
idea how relevant my changes to support high-ASCII characters are,
because i don't know whether the interactions between openfirmware and
the input device are capable of producing those high-ASCII characters.
Try it at your own risk!
Here's an example of the different output produced by the original program and by my modified version:
[dkg@pinhead ofpwgen]$ ./ofpwgen-orig aaø %cb%cb%ffffff52 [dkg@pinhead ofpwgen]$ ./ofpwgen aaø %cb%cb%52 [dkg@pinhead ofpwgen]$
My simple modifications are freely available to anyone who wants them, for whatever purpose they'd like.